Índice del Foro www.technicalrp.com www.technicalrp.com
Techincalrp forum

F.A.Q.F.A.Q.   BuscarBuscar    Grupos de UsuariosGrupos de Usuarios   RegístreseRegístrese 
 PerfilPerfil   Identifíquese para revisar sus mensajesIdentifíquese para revisar sus mensajes   ConectarseConectarse 

A question of scale speed & horsepower

Publicar Nuevo Tema   Responder al Tema    Índice del Foro www.technicalrp.com -> TRP Scale Cars
Ver tema anterior :: Ver siguiente tema  
Autor Mensaje
eldonpace

MensajePublicado: Jue Ago 02, 2018 1:33 pm    Título del mensaje: A question of scale speed & horsepower Responder citando

Hello,

I realize that the whole "scale" speed issue falls apart when - as so aptly put by one Ars Member on this forum - you realize that even though your scale vehicle is traveling at approximately (760mph/scale), the vehicle isn't breaking the sound barrier. That said there are some things about scale vehicles that are interesting and perhaps even useful to think about. One being horsepower and which brings me to my latest question:
If you have a 1/10th scale vehicle and it has an engine capable of 1.9 horsepower which propels it from 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds and allows a top speed of approximately 74 (real world or non-scale) mph, what is the equivalent of that at 1:1 scale? The thing that's throwing me is that a mile in 1/10th scale is 1/10th of a mile but time doesn't scale..

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=698138
Animated Commercial

Thank you.
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado
Mostrar mensajes anteriores:   
Publicar Nuevo Tema   Responder al Tema    Índice del Foro www.technicalrp.com -> TRP Scale Cars Todas las horas están en GMT + 1 Hora
Página 1 de 1

Saltar a: